Monday, October 18, 2010

Finished the Waddell and Reed Kansas City Marathon!





Last Saturday (October 16, 2010), I finished my marathon, the Waddell and Reed Kansas City Marathon! 11,000 participants showed up for the event, and some of those came for the 5k, some for the half, and then , of course, for the marathon. The first 13 miles were almost all uphill, and extremely difficult! I couldn’t believe that they stuck those kinds of hills in the marathon! Maybe that would be alright for a 5k, but for a marathon, it was definitely intense! The last half was lots of straight road, and a little bit of downhill.

I came in at 5 hours and 10 minutes, 20 minutes longer than my last marathon at the Route 66 Marathon in Tulsa, OK. But I know that the hills made it twice as hard as that one. Some of the first placers came in and said that this marathon is harder than the Boston Marathon!

It was all well worth it once the finish line came into view! My only advice: if anyone plans to prepare for this marathon, make sure you train on steep slopes!

1 comment:

Doug Krieger said...

Aaron - where are you? - seems you gave up on your personal blog - but I'll try to reach you this way or on Facebook - INCREDIBLE - the Holy Spirit brought you to my attention - I believe that 100% - I have read your material and you may have read ours/mine - looking for David Flynn's material on the Great Pyramid I "chanced" upon your work - YES! We must communicate - see us at www.the-tribulation-network.com - or call me, Doug Krieger, at 916-996-1438 - I believe this is of the Lord - pray and then call me if you get the O.K. and may the Lord encourage you and bless you abundantly as you are walking in the prophetic to please Him always - and remember this from Daniel 12:4 (Amplified):

"But you, O Daniel, shut up the words and seal the Book until the time of the end. [Then] many shall run to and fro and search anxiously [through the Book], and knowledge [of God's purposes as revealed by His prophets] shall be increased and become great."

You, I believe, are a fulfillment of this prophetic promise!

Doug Krieger